9.25.2009

Review #2


Forever 21 is the object of my next review.

My mother is in town and it's awesome. But one thing we Harline girls like to do when we get together is shop. Now as a student with a student husband, I really didn't do a whole lot of shopping and have some what stifled my habit. This habit stifling continues even now, as I write this post. My sister Chelsea and I went to Forever 21 to, well, shop. We scoured the store looking for exact pieces to flatter our figures and our current wardrobes. And we were successful! Oh were we successful! We ran to the fitting rooms! We showed each other each top and cardigan, jacket and dress! We discussed what was flattering about each piece, what was worth the price. We made our few selections. We purchased the selections.

And then I walked out of the store.

And the biggest hit of buyer's remorse landed in my gut. Nay! My soul!!

I trudged around following Chelsea and Mom through the rest of a shoppers paradise with less kick in my step, less zeal in my finds. Oh the agony! After not shopping for so long, even the cute teal top and cream cardigan could not buoy my forlorn heart! I made the decision to return the outfit. As a real adult I have more practical needs to apply the spent money towards. And how often do I wear regular clothes anyway?! I strode purposefully back toward Forever 21. I would feel as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders as soon as the clothes were back in the store. I waited in line for the next available cashier.

I read the return policy:

No cash refunds. Store credit or exchanges only.

My heart fell.

I double checked with the cashier who only confirmed the sign. I took a moment, gathered my faculties and promptly left the store with my head held high. But with new purpose, new direction.

A boycott.

And now the buyer's remorse is gone. As I type, I sit in my teal blouse, cream cardigan, and relish the fact that it is my last ever purchase from Forever 21. Good bye cheap, trendy tops. So long large, shiny jewelry. I will now refine my taste and my return policies!!!

7 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

I can't believe they would not return your money since it had only been an hour or two. I will remember not to shop there either. (I do not even know if I have seen this store, but I will boycott it anyway.) Smile, I am sure you look beautiful in your new purchases. LOL

Ryan and Staci said...

I love that store but hate it for the same reason you do! The shopped needs to be extra careful in the purchases made at that store. Who doesn't take things back??? Well I will try to boycott this store in an effort to support you... :) I am beginning to think you should stop your current career and be a reviewer permanently!

Maria said...

i was pained to read of your buyer's remorse. store credit is sneaky. i too shall boycott forever 21 (unless the pick up a maternity line, in which case i shall call you and we will discuss). i am also currently boycotting funnel cakes, due to a case of buyer's/ stomach remorse.

Colton Anne said...

I really hate return policies like that! One thing that I've been able to fortunately learn with Nick is always ask what the return policy is when you're still in that stage of deciding on if you want to buy it or not.

Another note...wait until you have kids...that desire to buy anything for yourself seems to lessen more and more!

Mary Anderson said...

Ok... That is so sad! No returns? Unfair :( Not to mention their clothes are oobers cute and inexpensive but often cheapy made :( What if something tore? I would want my money back! Blek.

Rachey said...

I had the exact same thing happen to me there! What kind of store does that? I had only been gone thirty minutes and still, no refund.

Maria said...

oh guess what? they do carry maternity now. its called love forever 21.