6.13.2010

Prepping for Baby

This is the story of the rocking chair. One day my mom (Dawnelle Haynie) called me up and asked me if I would like the oak rocking chair that she received from her parents (Grandma & Grandpa Hise) when she had her last child (my brother Kenneth). My mom said that Vicky Allen had it and didn't need it anymore and asked if Olivia and I would want it for our new "bundle-O-joy" that is on her way (July 9th). I said, "Not sure." Olivia said, "Umm... yes. Are you kidding me?" That was the beginning of Olivia's nesting phase which was also the beginning of MY restoration project. Enjoy. Let me know how ya'll think it turned out.
IT needed Lots of sanding...
Like I said... LOTS.


How does it look??




8 comments:

Colton Anne said...

I love it! And how cool is it that it was used by your parents with you Nathan!! Such a cool tradition that your kids get to enjoy now!! :)

michellecluff said...

good work, my friend. your skills are truly impressive!

Lauren Kay said...

Ummmmm LOVE IT! It looks sooo good! Way to go Nate!

Sarah Haynie said...

Just beautiful and I promise that it will be used a lot. I love to rock babies when I visit. No matter what time of day or night!!! Great Job! LV U

Maria said...

I like it a lot. A lot a lot a lot. And the new blog look is cool- you could consider the design re-vamp as part of of your nesting/ prep for baby (pictures) that are oh-so-close! So excited for you guys!

Rachey said...

It looks awesome!

Suzanne said...

dan and suz say: be-u-timus--thats the cool way to say--beautiful. seriously. well done. sanding sucks, but oh how it pays off. we are so excited for you guys! and we think you rock. remind me, why don't we hang out more?

Travis and Liz said...

I love it, you guys do some good work!